montage

Frau's bookshelf: read

Prozac Nation
Love Story
Love the One You're With
Vita Brevis: A Letter to St Augustine
Where She Went
My Name Is Memory
Ligo Na U, Lapit Na Me
South of the Border, West of the Sun
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Love Begins in Winter: Stories
Written on the Body
Oranges are Not the Only Fruit
Haunted
Diary
The Solitude of Prime Numbers
On Love
By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept
The Lover's Dictionary
Sophie's World
}

28 December, 2011

Ode to December 23

i'm in the place where we were today
i'm in the place where you forgave me last
i'm in the place where i want to stay
i'm in the place where i want forever to last.


up here in the hills of Tagaytay, no one can touch me
even you can't reach me or save me from myself
here in cold Tagaytay where your warmth no longer lingers
even you can't come when i call asking for help.


Here on this spot is where i'll breathe my last
as cold as the freezing air my heart will become
my future will stop in the memory of my past
because to me, here in Tagaytay, you will never come.

This is the poem I pre-wrote for December 23, as I was planning to end myself that day.
BUT i got scared, as I somehow knew I would.
I don't know how things we'll turn out, how life will be.
But I guess I'm sticking around for a while just to wait and see.
In time, I'll know.