montage

Frau's bookshelf: read

Prozac Nation
Love Story
Love the One You're With
Vita Brevis: A Letter to St Augustine
Where She Went
My Name Is Memory
Ligo Na U, Lapit Na Me
South of the Border, West of the Sun
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Love Begins in Winter: Stories
Written on the Body
Oranges are Not the Only Fruit
Haunted
Diary
The Solitude of Prime Numbers
On Love
By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept
The Lover's Dictionary
Sophie's World
}

06 March, 2012

In memory of March 6: the last time we were alone together

Exactly a year ago today, we were alone together...the first in months and it ended up being the last.
We were struggling to keep the spark alive.
Now I'm alone, struggling keep myself alive.
Do you remember that day? It was supposed to be the celebration of your birthday because you have an activity the next day. 
I will never forget that day, for so long as I live. You made me happy, as I know you always wanted to do. But did i ever made you? 
What happened will always be kept between us. Tucked in the deeper folds of my heart. I knew how much you wanted me to be happy, but you just cannot be the one person to be doing that for me. As I am also no longer the person that could make you happy. 
You said so yourself didn't you? "May mas makakapagpasaya sa'kin, at hindi ikaw yun."
It was one of the most heartbreaking and life shattering thing I ever heard in my entire life. Let alone, coming from you.
Then again, it was only one line. You said so many things that could have made me bleed alive if words were inflicter of wounds that never heal. There you go, I can hear them in my thoughts once more. and my heart continue to ache with the echoes of your words.
Many things have changed. I think you have someone new in your life already. Even as you promised na mauuna akong magkaroon ng iba. I knew naman even before that I could not stop you from loving someone before I do, as you could not stop your heart either. 
It just so pains me to see that I could have been that girl. I could have been the one still in your heart. But as I have looked back, I know I'm not "the one" for you, as you have carefully pointed out to me too.
Many have changed, but I know, even as you don't believe me, one thing remains true and in my heart: you and I love you.