On his nephew Martin "Marc" Guingona Lamb's (alleged) suicide, Sen. TG Guingona released a statement.
This part touched me the most.
"I was informed that his death may have been brought about by personal concerns. We understand that Mark is young and may have been unable to bear burden of such concerns. The intensity of his pain is known only to him." - Sen. TG Guingona
I'd say Marc is lucky that the people around him understood that the pain he was feeling was something they cannot understand. It is but an honest and humble acceptance on their part. Depressed people are so hard to understand, so hard to get into their heads.
But like me, it is a not so lucky thing, too. Because in the end, you'll realize, hey, you're really on your own. All of us are on are own. That is the curse of our individuality.
But like me, it is a not so lucky thing, too. Because in the end, you'll realize, hey, you're really on your own. All of us are on are own. That is the curse of our individuality.
Then, this is the message of a mother suffering from the death of her child:
"I am devastated and brokenhearted at the untimely and accidental death of my beloved Marc." -Mrs. M. Guingona
My mom always said it's unfair for a parent to witness the death of his or her child. She always believed it wasn't right.
That there must be something wrong with the world that's why those things happen.
That there must be something wrong with the world that's why those things happen.
I couldn't agree with her more. If I have a child and he or she dies before me, it would be time for a serious self-reflection.
But it still doesn't mean that I'm convinced to the point that I no longer consider taking my own life in my own hands.